Re: Making ink?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sue Hinkel (shinkel)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:03:35 -0600 (CST)

To Sue and everyone else interested, I'm an ink bottle collector, reading
my wife's, an art teacher and storyteller, mail. I have done considerable
research in to the composition of ink and have a large number of
ink recipes that I can share, but I need to know what kind of ink you
want. There are writing inks, legal inks, copy inks, marking inks, colored
inks, printing inks, drawing ink, indelible ink, stencil ink, lettering
ink, etc. Some of the formulas are quite old and may need translation in
to modern ingredients, also some ingredients may be a little difficult to
find. A science teacher may be able to help with both of these problems.

John & Sue Hinkel: Collectors of
Paper Label Master Ink Bottles &
Crayola crayons (Binney & Smith)