Re: noisy classes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:15:14 -0600

With elementary students during tours, we have a problem because 1/4 of
the class is on the tour and 3/4 are working hands-on art projects. If
they get to loud, I get their attention (or the teacher's) and as them
to use their inside voices or 6" voices. Generally they are very
excited, but we try and keep them down to a dull roar. You might find
out what "terms" the other teacher's working with that grade level use.
The three most popular in our district are inside voices, 6" voices, or
"if you can hear me clap once" (some children clap) "if you can hear me
clap twice (children clap). I find with primary elementary children some
don't respond if you use a term they don't understand (please be quiet
they don't understand their quiet can be hears in the restraunt on the
second floor).

Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator
kimberly