Research Leads and a new question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Karen Hurt (khurt)
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:56:26 -0500 (EST)

--

When you are reserching materials in the library some of the subject headings to look for are "cognitive learning theory" and visual literacy. While these are not specifically what you are looking for, you can tease information out of the work in these fields to get well substantiated backup.

Look for

Making connections: teaching and the human brain by Renate Caine.

About Learning by Bernice McCarthy -- 4MAT & Right/Left Brain system

A different kind of classroom: teaching with dimensions of learning by Marzano

Authors of pictures, draughtsmen of words by Ruth Hubbard

Going beyond words by Kathy Mason

Classroom lessons: integrating cognitive theory and classroom practice by Kate McGilly -- has many essays including a good one by Howard Gardner

Now, I have a question -- I am working on a study guide for "Tales from the Arabian Nights" in conjuntion with a local theatre performance. Anyone have any great ideas??

Many thanks!

Karen Hurt

Grafton Library Mary Baldwin College Staunton, Virginia

Voice: 540.887.7317 FAX: 540.887.7297 E-mail: khurt