Re: Fran's misinterpretation re.-dif. philosophy

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:42:56 -0500 (EST)

Sorry if I got something wrong. I was just responding to someone's letter
about DBAE. I try to do it and actually have been doing it for a long
time, but maybe not as structured.I don't think I was responding to
anyone's post in particular or criticizing anyone; I was just expressing
my opinion. I use the basic ideas of DBAE gleaned from reading, not having
a chance to do any workshops. In fact, now I have a project going in
conjunction with Women's History Month tying in with the social studies
teacher. Students in Art II are researching a woman artist, writing a bio
poem, doing a portrait and completing a project of their choice based on
the artist's style, technique, subject matter. So far, we have Kathe
Kollwitz litho, a Bridget Reilly piece, and so forth. It's great, but a
little difficult to keep the different things going.

OK I'll watch what I say; I must be rambling. FRan