Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Lesson Plans

Re: Printing and publishing question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
betti longinotti (p-lstudio)
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 08:50:44 -0500

I've often wondered too where these kind of printers are. You see alot
of these kind of prints from illlustrators, or in some frame and gallery
shops too, as well as at arts & crafts fairs. I am wondering if it is
considered a lithographic print process. But again like you where do
these companies exist. I have found several sources or companies for
photographic reproductions to be made, on postcards, greeting cards etc.
There are a few companies that I have found that cater to the
reproduction of student art onto products as a fund raising device. I
have also found a couple of companies that cater to professionals and
deliver high quality printing at a fairly moderate cost. Because I do
stained glass I am looking for a company that will print a transparency
print in volume, that attaches/sticks to a window without adhesive. I
purchased a couple of greeting cards a couple of years ago of Tiffany
windows that had a transparency insert like that, and I wondered where
to find such a company to produce these. My local photofinishing
company for custom photo processes does not do any of this. They do
make what they call a 'durotrans' which is like a large transparency or
slide, but not as flexible as what I am looking for and does not cling
to a window surface. Also it is very expensive for a single print.

In Art & Life,
Betti L.
or on the www at