Re: General Info on Copper Tooling

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 19:56:24 -0500 (EST)

I have not done copper tooling since I taught elementary school. I have
been at the high school since 1981 (remember teaching ENGLISH for 12
years) so I can't remember but I'll ask my colleague who teaches art
metal. We have a wide spectrum of art classes and since we have an art
metal class, that teacher likes to do copper repousse there. However, I
just had a brainstorm for my ARt Connections class. We do some craft or
design with the various periods/cultures we study and i saw a slide of a
book cover in silvergilt and ivory and thought maybe we could make a small
book with an aluminum repousse cover. I don't know. Will have to try.

Fran