Fwd: Thieves in the classroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RWilk85411 (RWilk85411)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 05:31:50 EST

--part0_889093911_boundary

From: RWilk85411 <RWilk85411>
To: darenc
Subject: Re: Thieves in the classroom
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 05:21:58 EST

I don't know what grade level you teach. But it could certainly be any one
K-12, couldn't it. I think with a group such as that I would not leave work
requiring supplies with a sub. And I would tell them why. I had a similar
problem in a middle school once. I made them sign out EVERTHING they used. If
they couldn't return what they signed out, they had a detention. Worked
wonders. Right now I have a problem with no respect for the pencils I WAS
providing. So if they are going to get their assignment done, they must bring
a pencil, if it is needed. They are also eligible for a detention for being
unprepared for class. And I can also fall back on non-participation in
class.....detention. has worked so far. Some are becoming indignant that
others have caused them to not be able to have the nice drawing pencils I used
to provide. I intend to order some more but have them, you got it, sign them
out. Good luck. Disrespect for others and their belongings seems to be running
amuck these days.
Reatha

--part0_889093911_boundary--