Re: Picasso Unit

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Walter Krueger (wkrueger)
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:00:11 -0800

David: You have said a mouthful!

Teaching music, I also make a Picasso/Stravinsky comparison. Stravinsky is
my "Picasso" of music. Like Picasso (they were friends as I understand
it), Stravinsky was an original. Both had a long and productive life.
Both went through phases and style changes in their careers and were
leaders in each field!

So, don't be afraid of the analogy between Picasso and Stavinsky. There is
more there than meets the eye! I'd like to see a slide show of Picasso
works accompanied by Stravinsky music! Now, wouldn't that be something!

--Walter Krueger, Portland OR