Re: Kids that distroy their work

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 07:18:13 -0600

Lynda,
At CAM we tell the kids (K-6) that in our art projects there is no such
thing as a mistake. Our activities are designed to promote exploration
of art process. We encourage them to use their new ideas. Some children
have to have everything perfect. They are physically uncomfortable with
any "error". From your post it sounds like this is a new behavior. You
might ask other teachers who deal with theses students if something else
is going on. Maybe the one lead student is having trouble at home and
others are picking up on this behavior. Are assesment test coming up? I
don't even work in a school and I can see a notable increase in tension
on field trips as the TASS test approaches.
Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator
kimberly