Ribera

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ILOM18c
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 22:23:36 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

> >From: coates.k12.fl.us (Teresa Coates)
> >Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:53:35 +0000
> >Subject: art history?
> >
> >I have a Spanish student who has asked about a specific painting of which
> >know nothing. Is there anyone out there familiar with "La Mujer Barbuda"
> >(The Lady with the Beard), by Pintor Ribera?

Jose de Ribera (1591-1652): A Spanish painter known for his naturalistic
rendition of the destitutes and a taste for the "unusual", such as the
"Bearded Woman" which is in Toledo (Spain).
You'll find all you need to know about Ribera in a dictionary of art and
aritsts.
Good luck.
Marie
Forest Hills, NY