Re: organic vs. geometric

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:50:32 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Hi Laura,
I think this is a good question. I used to define organic shapes as those
found in nature--but that doesn't explain all the geometry in natural
objects. Now I describe organic shapes as amoeba type shapes, but I
could use help on this one too.
Judy

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997 Laurann65 wrote:

> This may be a stupid question - but how do you describe the difference
> between geometric & organic shapes to Elem. students? Another Art teacher &
> I disagreed about weather or not stars & hearts are geometric or organic (I
> thought they were organic). Looking for answers. Thanks! :)
>
> Laura Allan

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo: "Re: Mismanaged Classroom"