Re: Mismanaged Classroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:42:48 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Dear Paula,
You've been placed in a doubly awkward situation. Your cooperating
teacher should not have asked you to evaluate her--at least so soon, and
your university supervising teacher should have been aware of the
teacher's classroom practices. It sounds like you've been set up. I'm
tempted to wonder if the teacher and her class have planned some twisted
sort of test for you. I don't like the sound of this. If you have any
rapport at all with your university supervisor--please tell her or him
what is going on here. Otherwise, you're going to be miserable, upset, and
at the mercy of the teacher--especially if you are getting a grade for
this experience. Student teaching is often, unfortunately, a negative
experience--but this is just too much. My best wishes to you.
Judy

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, paula erickson wrote:

> Hello to all on this Server List,
> At this moment I am experiencing an introduction into student teaching
> through my University. I am placed in a classroom to observe, cooperate,
> take attendance and teach a few lessons. The past day I observed my
> match up teacher MODEL a true non-example of how not to run a classroom.
> For example, she does not check up on her students progress, they come
> and go out of the classroom whenever they please, they talk back to her
> (snowballing her) and worst of all the High School Students are Pushing
> the relm of boarder line sex and violence (one student has revealed
> signs of suicide) in their work. I may sound conservative but I am also
> dealing with strict SCHOOL POLICIES!! This would be my worse nightmare
> of a class.
> She asked me to evaluate her and what I though of my past few weeks of
> observations and experiences. I do not want to sound purely negative, I
> think she really needs some constructive criticism. The students really
> need it as well. What would be a GOOD approach in giving feedback that
> deals with MISMANAGEMENT of a class. If anyone can help, please write
> in!!! I will be looking for your responses!
> Thank You,
> Paula E.
> CSU Student

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo: "Re: Mismanaged Classroom"
  • Reply: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo: "Re: Mismanaged Classroom"