Re: books

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (Alexander)mamjam)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:55:02 -0500

Respond to this message.

Another great book all art teachers should have is titled: "THE ANOTATED
MONA LISA." I can't recall the author and I don't have my copy handy, but
it is an enjoyable resource with crisp and often humorous, general
overviews of artists, art movements, and famous artworks.

Can anyone supply the author and publisher?

Mark Alexander
1-8 art on the cart
Lee H. Kellogg School
Falls Village, CT 06031

At 12:07 PM 3/25/97, Tammantha M. Koonce wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Mar 1997 CFineberg wrote:
>
>> Those are on my favorite list too. Add to that a few of Gardner's earlier
>> books (Frames of Mind, To Open Minds), a lovely paperback by Maurice Barrett
>> (art Education, published by Heinemann), and Gombrich's Art and Illusion.
>>

>One that I'd like to add to the list is one I stumbled on but has a
>really neat consise refernce of art history, terms, artist, artwork for
>art teachers.
>
>The Art Teacher's Desktop Refernce by Michael E. Parks
>
>It's the first thing I look through when I look to planning lessons at
>the beginning of the year and through out the year as a good refernce
>book. I also consider it to be a good source book for terms, Art history
>lists, theme lists, bibliography of art texts, lists of most occuring
>artists and art works in seven major art text books.
>
>I wonder if any one else has this text and what they think about it?
>
>Tammtha Koonce, Elementary art.

Respond to this message.