Re: kidnapping shoes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
David Zimmerman (fastedy)
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 12:51:20 -1000

Respond to this message.

bkramer wrote:
> When I scan the supply table at the end of
>each class, everything MUST be there or no one leaves. I can't remember
>having anything stolen or lost in a really long time in my classroom but it
>took lots of training (kids and me) to get there!

In my school you are not allowed to hold an entire class after the bell
rings (except for periods preceding a recess or lunch). All sorts of
complications arise when the kids are late to their next classes or the
school bus. Recently I had a small piece of clay sculpture (being used as
an example for the project) stolen off my cart during a class. When I
confronted the class at the end of the period everyone denied taking it,
although many of the children had seen it during the class. I wanted to
keep the class until I got my sculpture returned, but I had to let them go,
even though it was at the end of the day. Many have to catch a school bus
and have other committments that precluded my punishing the entire class
for one person's crime.

The shoe idea or other collateral seems like a better idea because it deals
with individual students rather than the entire class.

Deb Rosenbaum

A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the butt.

Respond to this message.