Re: shoes.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Carolyn Roberts (b2w6w4kn)
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:22:50 -0800

Respond to this message.

I teach middle school students and they change shoes with each other all
the time...sometimes only one shoe, sometimes both shoes. It's a
problem (sometimes) near the end of the day when the students can't find
each other to trade back shoes...but of course, they also trade hats
(yuck!), jackets, shirts, etc.
Carolyn

Bob Greaves wrote:

> I have not really been following the shoe issue but the mention of
> shoes and children brought to mind a story about a collegue, years
> ago ,when he was the art teacher in a large primary school. As it
> happens he was also in charge of any sporting event the school
> undertook He organized an atheletic carnival at the local sports
> ground and suggested that the parents collect their children at 3.30
> pm. The program he organized finished early and as the children had
> to be held at the ground until the parents arrived, he organized a
> SHOE hunt!!!! He had all the children take off their shoes and pile
> them in the middle of the oval then retreat to the boundary fence..
> On the word "GO" the children were to race to the shoe pile and find
> their own shoes..... Jim was at that oval untill 6 pm trying to match
> child to shoe...
> Bob Greaves.

Respond to this message.