Re: 1st & 2nd Grade ?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 21:24:22 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

Your answer is in the message - give them more hands-on activities. Let
them explore using different media with activities that let them use their
imaginations. They love to create stories out of their symbols and embue
them with personal significance while they're drawing and painting. Give
them themes, show them pictures of art, and let them go at the idea with
materials they learn to master.

Regards,
Teresa Tipton

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997 tdrake wrote:

> I have taught ART to K through 8th for 3 years now and feel very
> comfortable working with every level. However, I do find creating
> developmentally appropriate activites for 1st and 2nd graders to be the
> the most challenging. There understanding of a subject seems to
> outpace their hands on abilities. Does anyone else feel the same? Any
> suggestions on successful 1st and 2nd grade activities?
>
> Todd Drake
> New Garden Friends School
> Greensboro, NC
>

> Mailed from The Wire,
> A Community Web for the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina, USA
> Vist us today at http://www.wirecom.com

Respond to this message.