The following survey is designed to assess current utilization of the
World Wide Web in the teaching of art. The results of this survey will be
analyzed as part of an Art Education thesis. Your participation is greatly
THIS SURVEY MAY BE FILLED OUT AND SUBMITTED VIA THE WEB AT
OR REPLY TO ME DIRECTLY VIA E-MAIL AT sb304889.edu
INSERTING YOUR REPLIES IN THE FORM BELOW. PLEASE RESPOND JUST TO ME AND
NOT THE ENTIRE LIST. APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTINGS. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Please answer the following questions and feel free to comment wherever
you feel it is necessary. Thank you for your time and assistance.
1)What grade level do you teach? (Please mark all that apply.):
Pre-K - Kindergarten
K - 5th
6th - 8th
2)What subject areas?
Elementary all subjects
English Language Arts
Social Studies/ History
3) How often do you use the World Wide Web for purposes related to
Once a week
2-5 times a week
More than 5 times a week
Once a month
4)Please indicate how you have used the Web as a resource for teaching
Researching lesson plans / activity ideas
Students research artists, mediums, etc. .
Having students access museums and galleries online
Art exchange with other schools
Students learning design skills through the creation of Web Pages
5) Where do you access the Web with your class?
Class does not have access
School computer lab
6) If you use computers with your class, what is the average student to
1-2 students per computer
3-5 students per computer
6-10 students per computer
11 or more per computer
7) When do your students use the World Wide Web:
during scheduled lab times
as a reward for good behavior
after completing class assignments
as part of class assignments
on a rotating basis assigned by teacher
8) Have you received training in the use of the web?
1-2 day Workshop
I've read online instructions
I've read books
I'm just figuring it out as I go along
9) Does the opportunity to see art works on the Web make you more or less
interested in taking students to a Museum in person?
10) What benefits do you see with the WWW as a teaching tool for art?
11) What is your greatest frustration or concern with the WWW as a
teaching tool for art?
12) Would you like to receive the results of this survey?
13) I would like to interview a few people in-depth. Would you be
interested in participating in such a discussion?
14) Where did you see this survey?
Thank you for your time and assistance. Please feel free to forward this
survey or alert others of its existence.