Re: Unproductive Talkers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cynthia Mesko (oususacm.edu)
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:53:18 -0700 (MST)

Respond to this message.

Well one thing that I have found that has worked in the regular
classroom is telling the children that it is their classroom and that
they need to put pressure on the children that are talking and then we
will continue with the lesson. Sometimes you just have to stop the
lesson and talk about manners and what talking out in class really means,
and what it looks like and how it feels. Hope this helps. Cindy

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Melissa Enderle wrote:

> Talkers. Sometimes I think these kids do more talking than thinking. It
> seems that this time of year is worse. Maybe it's the long winters,
> maybe it's the anticipation (or need) of a break. What do you do to curb
> talking in your art classes?
>
> Melissa Enderle
> Melissaenderle

Respond to this message.