Re: keeping displays stuc

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Gina Booth (ginab.ar.us)
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:00:25 -0600 (CST)

Respond to this message.

I'm not sure about the 3-M gray that warms in your hand but I use the
yellow sticky tack a lot. However, warning, warning, for schools with
painted cement block walls you will find that when you use it to put
pictures on the wall, when the art is removed it can pull off little
hunks/flakes of paint, leaving the old color or the cement wall showing
and the administration will not be very pleased to
put it mildly. Sticky tack works well on paneling etc and sheetrock.

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Brian Foster wrote:

> Kim:
> The stuff from 3M that looks like grey modeling clay for sticking up
> posters etc. works beautifully on almost any surface, I can't imagine how I
> ever missed this stuff. You just kneed it your hand to warm it up and pull
> off pea sized balls and use like tape "wads". It's a bit pricey but goes a
> long way and (best of all is reuseable. I had an exhibit of over a hundred
> of my kids pictures in the local post office for 2 weeks during Christmas
> vacation and only a couple of them came loose despite drastic temperature
> changes with the door opening in below zero weather. It is actually much
> cheaper than tape in the long run...and a zillion times better.
> BFOSTER

Respond to this message.