Re: Blue Skies, nothin' but blue skies...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teresa Tipton (ttipton.wa.us)
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 09:52:33 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

I liken your response to those of some students who insist that their
perceptions are the only ones that count.

Dear John, the world is full of varying levels of experience, expertise
and backgrounds. You have a right to think we are a bunch of assinine
schmuchks, but it is afterall, only your opinion. Lest we confuse opinion
and fact and fall into the trap of those who believe their ideas are the
only ones which count - let the rich and raunchy tapestry of all ideas
co-exist and keep on hitting that delete key!

Regards,
Teresa Tipton

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, John R. Tate wrote:

> Carla writes...
>
> So if you don't like the "level" of the conversation you see on here,
> where's your substantive contribution?
> --Carla in LA
>
> Dearest Carla and everyone else,
>

> If, like the rest of this group, I felt that every damn question that
> came to my mind was worth posting, then I would. Until this time however
> I will post something when I feel there is something worth posting. So
> far, in the last three months, I have read few things that any
> intellegent human being could possibly find interesting or worthwhile.
> No, let me rephrase that, ...There are quite a few interesting subjects
> posted. Unfortunately, there are also a tremendous amount of assinine
> things posted which do nothing for anyone. What's further aggravating is
> that these inane topics get discussed for days on in until the issue
> gets so old it is pathetic! It is worse than beating a dead horse!
> I will gladly post topics that are worthy of the intellegence of this
> group when I see the need. Perhaps I should ask if anyone has a good
> recipe for Papier Mache? Our maybe, "How do I marbleize?" Please! With
> most of us being subjected to increasing class sizes, decreasing
> budgets, non-supportive administrations, antiquated equipment (with no
> possible renewals in sight), etc. Do you really think it is important
> that we discuss, for days and days, the dress codes of student teachers,
> whether or not proper spelling is important online, and why the sky is
> painted with a band of blue in elementary works?!
> P L E A S E !!!!! Think before you post!
>
> John R. Tate
> Brien McMahon High School
> Norwalk, CT.

Respond to this message.