Re: Blue Skies, nothin' but blue skies...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (Alexander)mamjam)
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 09:11:00 -0500

Respond to this message.

Dear John R. Tate,

I'm really sorry you don't find every post on ArtsEdNet to be stimulating.
If it makes you feel any better, neither do I. But I don't assume that
these posts "do nothing for anyone." I try to remember that someone else
might enjoy them, so I just delete those I'm not interested in. If I found
myself deleting all the posts, it would be obvious to me I was on the wrong
list and I'd probably unsubscribe.

However, when you complain that sending assisine posts is worse than
beating a dead horse and make other flaming remarks, you spoil the tone of
the list and hurt people's feeling. You hurt mine, and I'm usually pretty
tough skinned.

As for a "good Papier Mache recipe" or information on "how to Marbleize," I
suggest you look it up in the ArtsEdNet Archive. We finished dicussing
those topics last year.

If you don't have something good to say, please don't say anything at all.

Peace,

Mark Alexander
1-8 art on the cart
Lee H. Kellogg School
Falls Village, CT 06031

At 8:22 AM 3/15/97, John R. Tate wrote:
>Dearest Carla and everyone else,

>If, like the rest of this group, I felt that every damn question that
>came to my mind was worth posting, then I would. Until this time however
>I will post something when I feel there is something worth posting. So
>far, in the last three months, I have read few things that any
>intellegent human being could possibly find interesting or worthwhile.
>No, let me rephrase that, ...There are quite a few interesting subjects
>posted. Unfortunately, there are also a tremendous amount of assinine
>things posted which do nothing for anyone. What's further aggravating is
>that these inane topics get discussed for days on in until the issue
>gets so old it is pathetic! It is worse than beating a dead horse!
>I will gladly post topics that are worthy of the intellegence of this
>group when I see the need. Perhaps I should ask if anyone has a good
>recipe for Papier Mache? Our maybe, "How do I marbleize?" Please! With
>most of us being subjected to increasing class sizes, decreasing
>budgets, non-supportive administrations, antiquated equipment (with no
>possible renewals in sight), etc. Do you really think it is important
>that we discuss, for days and days, the dress codes of student teachers,
>whether or not proper spelling is important online, and why the sky is
>painted with a band of blue in elementary works?!
>P L E A S E !!!!! Think before you post!
>
>John R. Tate
>Brien McMahon High School
>Norwalk, CT.

Respond to this message.