Re: Art Contests

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:26:04 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Dear Melissa
I teach Middle School, and feel contests are usually inappropriate for the
age group. I post them on the bulletin board--when I remember, under the
title "calls for posters." Sometimes I mention the contests, but more
often than not, I simply tell them they may want to check the postings.
I do mention, however, that I am opposed to most competition in art for
youngsters.
Judy

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Melissa Enderle wrote:

> Art contests or poster contests- they're everywhere! I don't think a week
> passes by without at least one poster contest in my school mailbox. If a
> person did even a small portion of them, a significant portion of the
> school year would be spent doing the contests.
> I'd like to know some of your feelings about the contests and how you
> have dealt with them.
>
> Melissa Enderle
> Melissaenderle

Respond to this message.