Re: Got a kid friendly URL?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 14:25:25 -0600

Respond to this message.

carla harwitt wrote:

> Whims, Take a look at the Education "games" on the Metropolitan Museum of
> Art Website (http://www.metmuseum.org/htmlfile/education/edu.html). My
> 9-year-old really enjoyed it!
>
> --Carla in LA
>
> On Wed, 5 Mar 1997 whimscal wrote:
>
> > Do any of you know of a cool/fun/education site for students that is art
> > related? I am getting a list together for a web site I will be uploading
> > for my art class.
> > Thanks,
> > Whims
> > P.S.: I got your's already Ken! : )
> >

> >On your recomendation I visited this site. There is a questionnaire for
teachers K-12 regarding how you might use various parts of the site in
your classroom. I spent over an hour responding to the questionnaire,
visiting the various sites and reporting back my opinions. You probably
wouldn't have to spend this much time, but I really was fascinated with
how interactive the site was. The result is that the Metropolitan
Museum of Art is sending me a CD-ROM which they've produced! I believe
they will send one to any K-12 teacher who takes the time to fill out
the questionnaire, but I'm not sure how long this offer lasts, so if you
are interested, I'd check it out immediately. Of course, art teachers,
and classroom teachers are the audience they're hoping to reach.

Thanks for the "hot tip" Carla! Enjoy everyone--Marcia Scurfield, Derby,
KS

Respond to this message.