Re: e-mail question!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sidnie Miller (sidmill.edu)
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 19:29:36 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

Dear Bunki--when you read an e-mail message your computer is just
a dumb terminal--in other words my server is in Reno at the university.
'It only relays messages to me at home or wherever I am with internet
access. The only way something could enter your hard drive and do
anything is if you download a program into your hard drive.Sid

###########################
# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #
# Elko, NV 89801 #
# 702-738-7236 #
###########################

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Bunki Kramer wrote:

> Will someone out there please answer a question for me? This has come up
> with a few friends on the internet and I was wondering.....Can an e-mail be
> made that when you read it, it can destroy your hard drive? What about
> downloading it or printing it? I've heard people answer both ways and I'm
> thoroughly confused!

> Bunki Kramer
> Los Cerros Middle School
> Danville, California 94526