Re: Internet In The Art Room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Charles Gareri (cgareri)
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 07:00:28 -0500

Respond to this message.

Christy Gunnels wrote:

> Brendel wrote:
> >
> > Hello everybody.
> > Has anyone experience with using the internet in the art room? <snip>
> > Thanks. Looking forward to great ideas/suggestions. Uli
> > Uli Brendel
> > brendel

> My Ceramics students use the internet (we have direct access in all
> classrooms) to search for ceramic artists both contemporary and
> obscure. They try to find artists who provide statements about why and
> how they make their work. When they find an artist of interest, they
> use their works as a starting place to begin a work of their own that
> uses a new technique and/or narrative.
> Christy

This is an interesting approach. We just recently got internet access
to the classrooms. I have included links on our art department web page
to Ceramics,Jewelry, drawing and painting sites.

I invite anyone interested to check them out and let me know of any
additions you might have.

Pike High School/Art Dept./Indianapolis Indiana USA
Art Department Page http://www.netride.com/users/cgareri/phsweb.html

--
             (. .)

Charlie Gareri E-mail cgareri Home Page http://www.netride.com/users/cgareri