Re: designing a new art room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (Alexander)mamjam)
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 23:07:48 -0500

Respond to this message.

Bread delivery racks are actually quite common, and you'll see them around
when stores are getting bread delivered. They're trays which are about 2
feet wide by 3 feet deep and about 6 inches high. They are very durable,
made out of the same type of plastic as milk crates. Like milk crates,
they're supposed to be reused for a long time. Each rack is designed to
hold about 18 loaves of bread, and the racks nest on top of one another so
other racks can be stacked up high on top without squishing the bread on
the bottom. I asked the delivery person from Wonder Bread who was
delivering bread to a local grocery store if they had any extra bread
delivery racks they would donate to the school, and he was happy to give me
a few. They are quite handy, and can go on top of counters, or even stack
on the floor. You can use them as drying racks, but they work best for
simple flat portfolio storage. I also have three in my home studio. Try
some!
Mark

At 1:38 PM 3/1/97, Melissa Enderle wrote:

>>>Right now my flat work storage consists of three bread delivery racks
>
>I am at a school that will be expanding to grade 8. Grades 4-8 will be
>at an old Catholic school which is being remodeled. I am to order
>equipment for the art room there. I know that the budget is tight and so
>items perceived by my principals as non-necessities will be cut. I've
>been looking through catalogs for proper paper storage, but am horrified
>to see how expensive they all are.
>
>While it may sound a little silly, what are bread delivery racks? How do
>you get a hold of them and how much do they cost?
>
>I've never taught 7th or 8th grade- truly an experience unique onto
>itself. What other things should I be considering?
>

>Melissa Enderle
>Melissaenderle

Respond to this message.