Re: fish printing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Sat, 01 Mar 1997 19:45:58 -0600

Respond to this message.

Ron Pachter wrote:

> read your post regarding this. I have one of the Nasco fish and love
> playing with it. Do you have any support info on this Japanese
> printing--ie, historical info or where for me to look? I'd like to do it
> in some of my classes, but would like to give them more than "hey, we're
> printing with rubber fish". Thanks. Sounded like you got great results.

Hi Ron,
There is an article agout Gyotaku in Smithsonian magazine, but I
don't know which issue (I pulled it out of the magazine) I got some
information when I "surfed the net" on Gyotaku.

At a museum "family day" there's not a lot of time for explanations. Do
any of you museum folk have any ideas about how to make the hands-on
activities more "educational" when people are wandering in and out? I
use posters, but find most of the learning has to be intrisic in the
activity--kind of old school art education, I guess. Of course, the
activities are tied into the exhibition and we are hoping people are
making connections. But are they?

I'd like more info on Gyotaku also--anyone?

Marcia Scurfield--Derby, KS

Respond to this message.