Re: Impressionism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:17:59 -0600 (CST)

In addition, if you look at the work of Degas - series of "sketches"
which are "taken" from unique angles - e.g. dancers from around corners,
below stage level, etc. You will see the influece of photography. I
also rember in college being shown a series of photographs of horses
running - a precursor to film, by who I cannot remember - that were
compared to Degas race scenes.
There are also certain parallels to the later work by the Ashcan School
as far as realism and subject matter.
Kathrine Walker
Beach Museum of Art