Re: your mail

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Gary LaTurner (garyl.wa.us)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:04:24 -0700 (PDT)

Although not in visual arts, I think Michael Jackson in music and dance
has taken that even one more step.

I really like the idea and can't help but think students will really
enjoy their work. Putting themselves into the picture gives them reason
to do quality work to represent the best of themselves.

Dali may have done some of that in his life as well, both as a painter
and as a person. I hope you get more help from others, but from me you
do get praise for a great idea.

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Ruth Esther Altman wrote:

> Can anyone out there think of some artists that work in a similiar style
> to Cindy Sherman? I am looking for artists who transform their own
> bodies, specifically. I am going to include a disscussion of these
> artists in a unit lesson plan called Transformation.
> In the first lesson the kids will be transforming
> themselves in the form of a polaroid of themselves blown up several times
> on a photocopy machine. They will then take their blown up image and
> transform themselves into anything they want to be; for example a pirate,
> a famous person from the past or present, an alien etc. Any suggestions
> or comments would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> -Ruth Altman, U of I art ed grad

  • Reply: Ruth Esther Altman: "Re: your mail"