RE: Re: General question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:24:24 -0700 (MST)

What are "individualized responses"? Is this Bill's reply to Dave
"individualized" in this context? Or... is this reply a "FORUM message"?

Do you mean that if you try to reply ONLY as individual TO individual
that the message doesn't get thru? At this end I've noticed that
duplications of of replies directly TO ME don't seem to be occuring. This
was a problem because my mailer PINE wants to distinguish between FROM
(as the Forum) and SENDER (the individual sending the post), which on the
getty list are reversed from the normal with the individual (Bill) as the
FROM site and the getty only a CC'd site. If I send to FROM my reply
goes only to Bill and if I accept the alternative my mail is sent to
Bill and then CC'd to the Artsednet Forum as a duplicate.

My alternative is to accept the ALL option and then erase both addressees
and then undelete the Artsednet Forum address. If I wanted to I could add
the forum to my address book and skip the undelete stem, but this way
seems easier to me.

Now, is everyone properly confused yet?

My bet is that Bill and Dave have similar systems Which are not
configured like mine. (I'm on a tiny dos machine, linked thru my
university server and using PINE on VMS (or sometimes UNIX) as my Mail
handler).

-henry