Re: CD art and my Commercial Art class

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Amy L Pate (apate)
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 11:29:55 -0700 (MST)

Greg,
I teach commercial art at a college level, and we also do a CD project.

You can get jewel cases at used music stores for about .50 to $1. each.
I have also been around when they were throwing out some. I have also
noticed a trend in the music industry to have a more ecologiclally
friendly design. One that doesn't use a jewel case (plastic). You can
find samples in the design books on CD design. Also Sting's 'The Sould
Cages' is a nice design. I'm sure there are other samples in the stores.

Good Luck!
Amy

On
Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Greg Ozimek wrote:

> HI!
>
> I'm new to Artsednet.
>
> I'm a high school art teacher with a Commercial Design class about to begin
> a project designing a CD, and the CD box (front, back, and insides of the
> jewel case).
>
> 1. I'm wondering what others' suggestions might be on what we could use
> for the CD disk. I'd rather not have the kids spending time cutting out 5
> 1/4" circles if there is another way...?
>
> 2. Does anyone have a CHEAP source for the jewel case boxes? Or a
> simple/innovative way to have the kids make thier own?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Karen Feder
> Southfield HS
> Southfield, Michigan