(no subject)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
NTIEVA Student Assistant 3 (ntieva3)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:48:00 CST6CDT

ANNE ST.JOHN" writes:

> This is where I need help. I am working on a $15,000
> grant to produce "Living Art" where each 5th grade will select
> a painting, paint the sets and become the subjects . . .
>Has anyone done anything like this and if
> so, I NEED all the help I can get.

If you will give me your snail mail address, I will send you a
packet of materials that Nancy Walkup developed for the North
Texas Institute for Educators on the Visual Arts. A local
teacher does "living paintings" every year in Denton, and the
packet includes an article about her, worksheets on developing
an interdisciplinary art lesson, and Content and Achievement
Standards for the areas of visual art, music, drama, and theatre
which can serve as a guide for developing living paintings which
meet the needs of the participating arts areas.

Good luck!

Rebecca Arkenberg
Graduate Research Assistant
University of North Texas