Re: Christian Art?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:46:01 -0600 (CST)

I have discovered that some public schools do book museum programs with
Christian art as a basis. 1. You can't teach medieval European/early
Renaissaince art without discussing the role of the church as
patron/buyer. 2. We had a collection of Santons (Little Saints) from
Provence, France which was popular with many schools at Christmas time.
3. We did have a program on the Old Testament in Art, but it was more
popular with the nursing homes.

Keep in mind that when you are talking multiculturalism, Western
World/Christianity is one of those cultures.
Kathrine Walker, Education Coordinator
Beach Museum of Art