censorship

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michigan Humanities Council (mihum)
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 16:20:30 -0500 (EST)

>Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 14:51:21
>To: artsednet
>From: Michigan Humanities Council <mihum>
>
>My name is LuAnn Kern. I am a volunteer for the "See the Painting" program
at our local elementary school, in a rural Michigan community. There is no
funding for an art teacher for the elementary levels, so the only art
instruction that students get is from the volunteers in this program. I'm
working with fifth grade students, and we're going to be examining the
following paintings:
> Homer Winslow, Boys in a Pasture
> Thomas Eakins, Turning the Stake
> Frederick Remington, Turn Him Loose, Bill
> A. Tapy, Neigh of an Iron Horse
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for simple, hands-on activities
that I can incorporate into the lessons? Maybe activities that might
explore: Realism, Composition, Movement, Mood, Landscape or Symbolism? The
materials that they gave us for this program only provide basic
instructions, so I'm eager for ideas on ways that we can expand the lessons.
Thanks for your help! LuAnn