Re: Art Education Programs for Disabled Students

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 10:35:35 -0600 (CST)

The Museum of Fine Arts in Houston has published a book called "Beyond
the Limits: Dreative Solutions for Poeple with Special Needs. Contact
the Art to Go Resource Center, Education Department, Museum of Fine Art,
Houston, Box 6826, 1001 Bissonnet at Main, Houston, TX 77265 (713)639-7588
It costs $15 but includes slides and laminated postcards.

Kathrine Walker, Education Coordinator
Beach Museum of Art, Kansas State University

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996 FOJAC1 wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions for art programming for disabled children in the
> schools. What is the need and how can it be addressed? Secondly, is anything
> being done with disabled students and computer art and/or art and the
> internet?
>
> The Junior Arts Center (Barnsdall Park, Los Angeles) works with the Los
> Angeles School District to bring disabled children to Barnsdall Park for
> studio art classes. We want to expand our programming and take it to the
> disabled students at their school. One idea that we're toying with is to
> work with parents of disabled children, to teach them an art project that
> they in turn, can teach to their children.
>
> Your thoughts?

  • Reply: Sidnie Miller: "Re: Art Education Special Students"