[teacherartexchange] Problems with Getty list? Contact the staff

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2012 - 09:53:25 PDT

Greetings All,

I am still receiving email requests about problems with Getty
TeacherArtExchange list. I have never had any control over the list.
The list has always been handled by the Getty and their staff.

Yes, the postings are way down.....in November, there were only 28
posts (4 of those were "out of the office" posts from their staff). In
December, there were 40 posts, 5 of those were "out of the office"
posts from their staff). Nothing has been archived since December 25.
If you all want to save the list - it is up to you this time.

The email address to contact is right on the list pages:
>> If you have problems or questions that are not addressed below, please contact us at teacherartexchange@getty.edu

I don't know if anyone actually checks that email address as I haven't
gotten a response in years (when I have written about list member
concerns).

Now when I get requests about the list, I will have this email to forward.

If you want on a list that is more active, try Art Education on Yahoo
and/or TAB Choice (Teaching for Artistic Behavior) on Yahoo. both of
those lists are very active. ArtsEducators on Yahoo not quite as
active.

Regards,

Judy Decker

P.S. Reminder - as a courtesy to all, remember to remove email
addresses of list members. That is actually in the list guidelines (to
not post member email addresses). The list software removes your own
email address, but not any that you post. Removing the email addresses
cuts down on the amount of Spam we all receive. There is actually a
web site of all published email addresses for Spammers to grab if they
don't have the email bot software themselves. I found my own email
addresses listed. Also, if you have AOL, Hotmail or Yahoo - Spammers
are finding ways to easily hack those accounts. Make sure you have a
password that is hard to crack - 8 to 12 characters - upper and lower
case mixed - with numbers added and even special keys like !!!