Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Greek and Roman Architecture and Today

From: sarah k (sarah.kerns3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2012 - 04:31:37 PST

My seventh grade students are currently studying Ancient Greece and
Rome. I would like to complete an architecture lesson focused on the
influence of the style on buildings in the U.S. I plan to take the
students through a "photo tour" of our city then ask them to design a
new building for the city that includes aspects of Greek and/or Roman
Does anyone have suggestions for materials to complete this activity
(watercolor, pen and ink, pencil) or suggestions for resources for me
to check out before presenting the background information to the
students? I have never taught architecture or Greek or Roman art, but
both are a part of the curriculum at my new school.
Feel free to email me off the list.
Thank you!

Sarah Kerns
Quincy, MA