Re: [teacherartexchange] [teacherartexchange]

---------

From: Linda Kieling (go4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2012 - 18:09:02 PST

This always infuriates me - the expectation to teach art with
consumables and little or no money!!! My budget continues to get cut
every year. This year about 440 students (quarter and semester
classes) with $800. PTO helps, and we have SCRAP (School, Community
Reuse Action Project) and donations to help offset.

One year I made out a bare budget - what if each student got X number
sheets of paper, 1 pack of makers per table per class, class set of
tempera, etc. It came out to something like $9000, but it made an
impact on how they looked at funding!!!!

Linda
(middle school in Oregon)