[teacherartexchange] CA district budget

---------

From: Kramer, Bunki [LC] (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2012 - 07:51:49 PST

Hi. In our district (which is very large here in northern CA near San
Francisco in the east bay area) we get nada from the district to teach the
arts. We ask for donations at my middle school but about a third of the
parents donate (and we live in a pretty prosperous area). I write several
grants each year as we are bombarded by our administration and district to
beg for money. (I would think that that is their job but what do I know.) I
also raise money each Christmas by selling little Christmas Tree pins made
by the art class as a fundraiser. I hunt and seek many avenues for free
stuff which kinda defines my curriculum for the year. We do what we hafta
do. Toodles.....Bunki