[teacherartexchange] Tracking attendance and supplies in photo class

---------

From: Gina Arena (grafarena_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 07:09:46 PDT

Anyone have any suggestions for an easy way to track attendance in my high
school photo class. I have 24 students who are anxious to get to work right away

and some who just want to sneak out of class. I have kids in the classroom,
darkroom, sometimes in the computer lab next door (digital) or around school
shooting. Right now, I have them sign out on the board if they leave the room.
Today, I noticed 2 left early.
I'm also looking for a better way to track the cameras and memory cards. Right
now the cameras are numbered and the cards are lettered. I have a binder that
students are supposed to sign out, but they don't always do it. I need to be
able to quickly see who has which camera, so I can track them down if they have

it out too long. I used to leave the cards in the cameras, but they started
disappearing so I now keep them in a tin and the kids have to get them from me
and return them to me. I just feel overwhelmed in my photo classes and am being

pulled in 5 different directions. I have students who need my help in the
darkroom, students who need my help on the computer so I really need the sign
in/sign out procedures to run smoothly.
I have considered putting up an in/out board up on the smartboard, like they do

in offices. Does anyone know a program that I could use?
Thanks in advance!
Gina