Re: [teacherartexchange] "Cornerstone Assessment"

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 07:21:47 PDT

I found some Powerpoint slides by googling the words "cornerstone assessment ubd".

It appears to be backward curriculum design where you use meaningful and useful assessment (not depending on only paper & pencil testing) before, during, and after learning experiences. Good teachers already do this instinctively and intuitively, but it can be very helpful to stop and think about it. I admit that when I have deliberately listed the final goals, I automatically began thinking of some more appropriate ideas that would help my students reach these goals. My article on Reverse Engineering Creative Strategies explains how backward planning works for me to teach creativity.

Marvin