Re:[teacherartexchange] Portfolio

---------

From: Caitlin O'Neal (cjoneal5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2011 - 06:05:51 PDT

I have a binder for my hardcopy portfolio. I have lessons that I've
written from different age levels printed out and I include large
color photos at the end of each lesson. I also include details about
how to differentiate each lesson for different learning styles. Each
page is in a plastic sleeve and I have age level labels so that I can
quickly flip to an example lesson during an interview. I also include
my resume in the very front and like Lois said, you could include a
section of your own artwork. In my experience, principals liked being
able to flip through and see a variety of lessons and pictures even if
they didn't have time to read it all.
I also have a portfolio website (www. artteacher. yolasite. com) that
I include on my resume and in any email correspondence with a school.
That way, school admin. has a chance to browse through my portfolio
before even meeting me. I honestly don't think this gets used very
frequently since principals tend to be so busy, but I think it is a
nice additional portfolio option (especially if you want to show that
you are adept with technology!).
Good luck!
Caitlin