Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 15, 2011

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 03:25:33 PDT

RE: Portfolios

I totally agree about the "scrapbook look"---not good! Here's what I
did--arranged the portfolio by age groups (I have a k-12 license),
with the lesson, rubric, curriculum map & actual art produced from
that lesson (pictures for clay, sculpture, actual photographs printed
professionally). My resume was the first page plus a list of shows,
awards, & media fluent in also. Then, because I was a professional
artist for 14 years before becoming a teacher, I had samples of my own
artwork in the end of the portfolio (just 4 pages). I used a full-size
portfolio. I had extra samples of everything to pass out (more LP's,
more artwork samples, extra resumes), which I kept in a separate case,
this works out well because usually there will be a committee. I think
also, either bringing a jump drive or a CD of your portfolio to an
interview is a good idea. -Lois G.

--
Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates