[teacherartexchange] Weya Story Quilts Zimbabwe- THANK YOU art teachers!!!!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2011 - 09:28:23 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Eliza - from Africa Direct - has placed another order for Story Quilts
from Precious and her family - thanks to the increase in sales this
past week (you are wonderful!). Because of the sale of these quilts,
Precious can send her children to school. I always pressed upon my
students how fortunate they are to have quality FREE education. I
don't think they felt very fortunate (chuckles). Whenever possible, I
showed videos of the schools for the cultures we studied, too.

Anyways..... There is another incredible value offered on eBay (from
Africa Direct) that I just had to share with you. I think it must be
one of Precious' as it has the story with it. If link doesn't work -
got to Africa Direct - then eBay link and enter Weya in search.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Weya-2-Panel-Story-Quilt-African-Village-Life-/370492196815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56430e47cf

I have heard from so many of you who are interested now in doing a
unit - maybe even connecting with African American quilt making. Once
my book arrives and my note cards, I will offer them to you (on loan)
- along with scans of my own Story Quilt (which will be a Father's Day
gift for my hubby -- if I can keep it from him till then....)

Africa Direct:
http://www.africadirect.com/

Right now, there are 2 Story Quilts listed on their eBay store - both
exceptional.

I check daily to see what new listings from Africa Direct are on eBay
-- and just placed bids on two items that I just couldn't resist.

Regards,

Judy Decker