[teacherartexchange] Art for Elementary School Teachers Online Workshop Starts April 12th

---------

From: Art Teacher (artprofessor_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 22:37:05 PDT

ART for the Elementary School Teacher Workshop

 ART TEACHER on the NET workshop

http://www.artmuseums.com/teach.htm

Workshop Start Date:  April 12, 2010

4 week non-credit workshop

12 hours overall

Join other elementary art teachers who have attended this recommended
art workshop.

Art for the Elementary Teacher gives practical tips, lesson plans,

and resources that make it easier to achieve your goals.

The online teacher workshop may be accessed 24/7.  Expect to spend 3
hours or 12 hours overall throughout the class.  All those finishing
the class will receive a handsome  "Thank You for Your Participation"
Certificate.  The class is interactive, you will have a chance to post
topics and questions to others in the class and to the facilitator-a
working art professor.  This is a non-credit class.

Recommendations from past participants:

I have broadened my perspective on teaching, and gotten a lot of ideas
on how to reach children. I would recommend the course to my
coworkers. It would be good for further professional development.

It has been great to share ideas with others and gain new information
that I can use in my art classes. The websites are extremely helpful,
and I am glad to add those to my resources. I am looking forward to
using the format for looking at a work of art to encourage my students
to really look at a work of art in a whole new way. There are many
questions to choose from that will provide prompts for students when
writing about art.

I like the ideas for integrating art with other content areas. This
appeals to a variety of learning styles and strengthens skills
students can use across the curriculum and throughout their lives. I
plan to use the resources from this workshop to incorporate more
lessons that connect to other subjects.

I've enjoyed making some of the projects and will be able to use those
as examples when I teach the lessons.

I am especially excited about the ideas for planning a year of art. I
like the thought of planning the whole year and knowing what
objectives the students will be working toward. This will help when I
order supplies and will help me coordinate the lessons with the
different grade levels.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and would definitely recommend
it to others. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

I would recommend this course to classroom teachers, since they so
often have the opportunity to add some hands on learning to the
lesson.

I would also recommend this class to art teachers as a review.

Whether you  are an experienced art teacher or have no prior art
experience, this workshop is for you.  No prior art experience is
necessary.  This is a workshop for public, private, and homeschool
teachers-or anyone who works with children's groups and need art
projects ideas and advice.

This 4 week workshop is entirely online and facilitated by an experienced

art professor. It provides an opportunity for networking with others

with your similar interests and an art expert.

The workshop will cover:

·          Incorporating Art into Math, Reading, and Science

·         The Museum as Educator

·         Art Links that You Need to Know About

·         Bringing Art History into the Classroom

·         How to-Hands on Art Projects

·         Addressing Art Standards

·         Making Art Fun for Everyone!

Valerie Colston, M.A. author of "200 Projects to Strengthen Your Art"
(Released April 1, 2008) is the developer and presenter of the

workshop.  She has been teaching art and art history classes for

several years in San Diego, California and online.  Her award winning

Art Teacher on the Net is visited by teachers around the world.

Ms. Colston  was among the paid art project consultants for the Wyland
Foundation Oceans Teacher program.

She teaches 100 Art Ideas for Teachers at the University of
California, San Diego Extension.

For more information contact Valerie Colston at art259@hotmail.com

Sign Up Today for this ongoing workshop.  This 4 week workshop is only $59.00