[teacherartexchange] Engaging Learners Through Artmaking: Choice-Based Art Education in the Classroom - Book Review

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2010 - 11:19:21 PDT

Dear Art Educators (and all educators),

Many of you are looking for ways to boost student creativity and
involve them in their work. Students become involved when they are
making their own decisions...students are actively engaged -
discipline problems disappear. Read the review for the book:
Engaging Learners Through Artmaking: Choice-Based Art Education in the Classroom
Katherine M. Douglas and Diane B. Jaquith. New York: Teachers College
Press, 2009.
http://www.naea-reston.org/learning/media-reviews

Scroll down. Review was posted March 2.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Note: Getty Members, if you post a reply to this- remove my email
address. Your efforts to keep this email address out of Getty archives
has kept my Spam to a minimum on this account. Yes, I know, many have
posted it -- but not nearly as many since I started posting this
reminder to take the extra time to remove member email addresses
before you click "send". It is nice to open my email account and not
see lots of junk mail from my own address (spoofed, of course).