RE: [teacherartexchange] Watercolor

---------

From: 'Roy & Amy Broady' (amybroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 16:50:29 PDT

Woodie, I love this painting! You are NOT "too realistic," at least in my
opinion, as you do loosen up in your backgrounds, allowing the details of
your subject to reign gloriously. In this painting, I love how the flowing
fringe of the scarf provides a lovely transition from the detailed,
realistic dancer to the background which is less defined.

It's quite difficult to critique a painter who is far superior to me, but I
always try to challenge myself to offer an idea.

I noticed touches of yellow in various areas, and wondered if the sky could
be livened up with a hint of it, too. Perhaps to create a visual triangle
between the hair bow, the foot, and an area of sky in the upper left third.

Thanks for sharing and seeking our feedback!
Amy in TN