Re: [teacherartexchange] prezi

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 09:09:54 PDT

My problem with Powerpoint is that it is used improperly by almost everyone
who uses it. The worst presentations at conferences that I have ever been to
are those who 1) create a handout by printing out their powerpoint and 2)
proceed to read each and every word from it. If that is your presentation,
then give me the handout & I'll go find another presentation to attend. I'll
"read" yours later. Prezi forces students to state the highlights of their
topic. They can include images, text, & even play video right inside the
prezi.
~Michal

Thanks for sharing glogster. I hate PowerPoint too - I have The Office
Super Bowl episode on my iPod for that very reason - Where Dwight says
'PowerPoints are stupid'... Actually I just have that episode because it
makes me laugh - but I like the Dwight quote.
Looking at glogster now.
ellen