RE: [teacherartexchange] classroom music

---------

From: Terrence Banks (Terrence_Banks_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 08:25:03 PST

I subscribe to Imesh, I bring my laptop in and I play music I download from there. All the music I get is edited, and of course there is some music that is unacceptable. I get all the music, I just look at all the new releases check a couple songs to see if they would like it then download it. The subscription is about $9 a month but I also get music from off the service too. I also have the satellite radio boom box that I use to have but I moved into a new room that blocks the satellite transmission. But my laptop with music on it has worked out great!

Terrence Banks
Golden Valley High School
801 Hosking Ave Bakersfield, CA 93307
Art Department
Black Student Union Advisor
661-827-0800 Ext 67301
Cell 661-205-7921

Subject: RE: [teacherartexchange] classroom music

I have an iPod that I use...but also sometimes use Pandora. Most the Indie music works for that age group...and surprisingly they also like the "oldies"...60s and up.

My upper school students can bring their iPods, but know what is acceptable in my room (will often jump up to pass over a song...they are very good about it). They also like the "oldies" but will even go back to the Rat Pack and company. Very fun.

Subject: [teacherartexchange] classroom music

Hello Fellow Art Teachers,

I have been helped time and time again by reading my daily teacherartexchange emails. Its been a great help as a young teacher to find resources and to confirm my classroom practices.

I am curious if others play music in their rooms as students work. I am one to always have background noise but am struggling to find music, other than classical or jazz, that is kid friendly (4th-8th).
Any suggestions of iTunes Radio stations, cds or records?

Thank you,
Sarah K.
Sacred Heart School
N. Quincy, MA