Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 02, 2010

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 19:22:10 PST

I had my students make printed cards using foam and markers. I used the
sticky-backed foam--cut it into small squares. The students made stamps by
drawing on the foam squares with a blunt pencil, then attaching the foam to
a square wood block. They made repeat prints by coloring the foam with
markers and printing--and repeating. The blocks worked nicely, as the kids
could make more than one design by using different sides of the square. Some
kids got creative and cut the foam into different shapes, like hearts. Not
very expensive, either, because the foam sheets go a long way when they're
cut into squares. I did this with my k-2 students, also did it at a
community arts festival for people of all ages. As a variation, you can
have sharpie pens to add details on the cards.

Mary H., MN
K-2 art